Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Out of the mouth of babes...
It's been two months (yesterday). It seems like they've been here forever. We are constantly reassuring them that they will be here forever. Tonight "J" said the prayer at dinner. He wanted to do it all by himself. It was a little jumbled but the effort and spirit were there! It was beautiful. And tonight "B" wanted to say our family prayer before bed. After only two months of helping them, she said she didn't want help. We have talked about what prayer is, that we start with "Dear Heavenly Father", thank Him for things, ask Him for things and close "In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen". She asked tonight if she starts by saying "Heavenly Father". I said yes and then she said the most beautiful prayer I've ever heard. It came from her heart. She was talking to her Heavenly Father. Telling Him what she wanted to tell Him, not what mom & dad told her to say. How wonderful to have a daughter who is getting to know her Heavenly Father and starting a real relationship with Him. I love prayer. I hope my children will love it too. I love being able to talk to my Father and tell him the things in my heart that sometimes I can't tell anyone else. I hope my children can learn to do that. I hope they come to know that Heavenly Father loves them and will listen any time they need to talk.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm getting misty! you guys are great. What lucky kids you have...you saved them, in so many senses of the word.
Post a Comment