Our dachshunds Peanut and Ginger will chase anything that move in our big back yard. Mostly it's squirrels but a few weeks ago we had a lot of rain and on 2 different occasions they brought in dead baby rabbits. Then one morning I was working at the desk when I looked down to see this weird object that Peanut had brought in. I It was a turtle shell! The shell was all sealed up and I thought that maybe it was dead so I put it in a box to show the kids when they came home. Awhile later I heard a noise and it was the turtle trying to get out! I kept the turtle until the kids got home so that I could show them and Liz. See, Liz is afraid of turtles! You know, they might get her! Her toes were curling so I had to release the turtle into the wild to fend for himself!
PS: Now we can add field mice to the list since they brought in 2 of them the other day. One was a live and was was dead.

2 comments:
First of all, love the background on your site. Next, turtles are so cute but smelly. Lastly, do you feed your dogs? My cat doesn't kill as much as them.
That little thing is soo cute!
Post a Comment