Sunday, March 30, 2008

Adoption Scrapbook Page

We were asked to do a scrapbook page representing us for our adoption. I mainly used pictures of us with nieces & nephews here in Texas. I know there's a lot more of you, but I wanted to show all the local cousins our kids would have. I also couldn't resist using the pictures of "Santa Dave". He made such a great Santa. The pictures of the boys on the brick wall & them hanging on Dave were taken just a couple of weeks ago. My one niece in Texas was sick and I had a nephew out of town. These boys are my "great" nephews, my nieces Heather & Amie's kids. I told them what I was taking the pictures for and they got taking about what they wanted in a cousin. Of course they want us to only adopt boys!! And each wants a cousin their own age. I told them we were only approved for up to age 10 and Austin (who will be 12 in April) very logically stated that we could get a boy who was almost 11. He figured that was as close as we could get to his age. They are all excited and are always asking when we are getting our kids. I always tell them well get them when Heavenly Father says it's time and we'll get who He wants us to get, so I can't promise all boys!! Of course Tori (the one girl cousin in Texas) wants a girl. I don't think she cares what age, but she desprately wants a local girl cousin. My parents will just be glad to finally have all their grandkids. I'm the only one without kids. Everyone else is done (or so they say). So when we get our kids that generation will be complete. Of course on Dave's side ours won't be the last. His sister & her husband haven't even started their family and his brother has two girls, so maybe they'll have more. And of course his step brothers & sisters could go on for a long time, so I pretty sure our family will truely be never ending. Well that's it for now. We are just patiently waiting for Heavenly Father to lead us to the children that are meant to be in our home. And with the help of a wonderful case worker we will find them!!! And then we'll live "happily ever after". (Don't panic, someday I'll explain my philosophy on fairy tales)

1 comment:

Keri and Neal said...

You guys, it really looks GREAT! It shows off the loving and fun bunch you truly are!