I have to brag about Dave. Tonight when the kids and I got home, "B" was helping me clean up some things in the kitchen to get ready for dinner. She said that the girls at Kid's Club - their after school care - said that girls rule. I said yea girls were cool. She asked me if I liked boys or girls better. Giving an adult answer I said because I liked Dad I'd have to say boys. Well the child who's been through the things she's been through interpreted that as I don't like her. She ran off to pout - she's done this before so I let her go. After a short while I went into her bedroom to assure her I loved her and dad and "J". She wouldn't look at me. When Dave got home I told him briefly what happened and he went in to talk to her. I just walked by and heard him talking about love and loving mom's & dad's different then loving your brother or the dogs. He is so good. He knows what to say. These kids are not used to having a dad so sometimes I wonder if they know what to do with him. But I think they realize how great it is to have a dad and how great their dad is!!! Dave is just so dang wonderful. I have really enjoyed watching him be a dad. He is wonderful with the kids and not just the fun loving guy, he knows when to get down to business and can lovingly lecture "J" when his behavior takes a turn for the worst.
So I just had to let the world know that I have the best husband ever. I'm sure some of you feel the same about your husbands but this is my blog so I get to brag!!!!
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Dave is great! And you are a good match for him because you are equally as wonderful!
Sigh, I have so many fond memories of my big brother helping me through tough times; even when I thought I didn't want the help. D is so very good with kids, and like you said, not just being playful with them but also being a soundboard when you life is hard. I'm so glad I could give hime "practice". It is NO mistake that he is 14 years older than me as he guided me through much of my life. Just don't let him show the kids The Secret of Nimh, he let me watch that when I was little and I am still scarred!!! Love you both!
Dave,
I know you are friends with my Husband however, we are not comfortable with you linking our blog address on your sidebar. We like to keep our blog more for family and close friends...you didn't even have the courtesy to ask?! Please remove our address as soon as possible.
Amie Starks
Post a Comment