Wednesday, September 03, 2008

"J" says the darnest things


While reassuring the kids that we want them and they are exactly what we always wanted and perfect, I told "J" that we wanted a boy & a girl. And this is the conversation that followed -

J - "You only wanted two?"
Mom - "Yes".
J "Why didn't you want three?"
Mom "Do you want a brother?"
J "Yes"
Mom "Well, if you get a brother, God has a sick sense of humor"
J (panicking) "I don't want 6, just one!"

We are learning that kids don't always understand us the way we want them to. Especially kids who have had the life our kids have had. Some of the simplest things are completely misunderstood. Oh the fun of having kids!!!

1 comment:

MM said...

That's hilarious! I'm so glad you're documenting these things, someday they will love them just as much as we do now! You guys are great, keep up the good work!