Wednesday, October 01, 2008
Ramblings of an old woman!
Yes, I'm old. Well, I'm 40 - not quite yet. I still have about an hour. I was born around 2:30pm. The only reason I know this is that I used to tell all my friends at school I was born just in time to get out of school. So in just a little while I will cross over the 39-40 bridge and my parents will no longer have any kids in their 30s. Turning 40 feels weird because I don't feel like I thought 40 would be way back when I thought 40 was older then I now feel. I still feel like I could go out dancing Friday night to the local YA dance and hit the nearest Denny's after and stay out until 2am. But in reality if I tried that, I'd be home by 10pm and that would be pushing it! The best part about today is that I became a mom before now. I really didn't want to be 40 and not be a mom. And getting approved just 6 months before my birthday really scared me - that I might not make it. But my Heavenly Father blessed me and Dave and gave us the two best kids I could have ever picked out. They are so perfectly normal, with all the normal ups and downs of childhood. "B" is going to be our star student. We are trying to teach her that she doesn't have to be perfect in everything yet. That the reason she is going to school is to learn and sometimes we make mistakes when we learn and our S's aren't perfect (she hates that letter S). And "J", well lets just say his teacher and I are becoming friends because we talk so much!! The good thing is that his teacher loves him and wants to help him find his place in this world. She is so good with him and seems to understand him as much as we do. He totally gets an A for effort. He so desperately wants to be good, but just can't do it sometimes. I love them both more then I thought possible after just 3 months. They are the perfect birthday present!!! I want for nothing more (except more money to get all the things they need and want!) Of course it is all about them now. It's all about helping them become the best people they can be and grow up happy and healthy and strong - knowing that they are loved and wanted! Well those are the ramblings of an old woman - well a 40 year old (@ about 2:30pm) woman at least! Thank you for listening all these years, thank you for being my friends and for acknowledging me as your family. I have a pretty great life with a wonderful husband, two adorable kids, the best parents ever and great in-laws, brothers & sisters, nieces & nephews and cousins and aunts. Love to you all - from this 40 year old!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Happy Birthday you! I am so grateful for the fun that your family adds to the ward. I am so happy that you get to be a mom too, I learn so much everyday from my kids and bless you for taking a major crash course in all this! Your kids are so blessed to have you! Hang in there!
Looks like you had a very happy birthday. I was sick and didn't get a chance to wish you a Very Happy 40th Birthday, old friend. Enjoy the rest of the year.
Post a Comment