Friday, February 06, 2009

26 RANDOM THINGS

26 Random Things...

By Dave Anderson

1. I do not like anything with pumpkin in it including pie. I do like just about everything else.
2. For a guy I am always concerned by how I look and that everything matches. This is due to hearing the phrase "your a fat slob" a lot when I was a kid.

3. I love to cook but I do not like following recipes. I tend to modify a recipe or just not use one at all.
4. I love movies and good TV shows but I cannot stand "reality TV". I always tell people that I have enough reality in my life but I will sometimes get sucked into watch a few of these shows with Liz.
5.I love my wife,Liz more then anything. She is my best friend and we are there for one another. We have been through a lot and it just keeps getting better!

6. We adopted 2 children ages 5 and 7 about 6 months ago and they are the light of my life. They drive me crazy but I learn so much from them!
7. I hate people who do not use their blinkers when driving or weave in and out of traffic. This is due to 13 years of driving over 100 miles a day in traffic. liz use to say "It is so sad that their blinker doesn't work".
8. Back in my single days my friend Mike and I started up something called "Date Nite" where we paired people up to go on dates. The smallest one had 36 people and the largest had 160. We had around 10 marriages from these events plus a lot of new friends. Liz was at Date Nite 6 and while I was pairing people up I announced that "if you got married from Date Nite then you would have to hire me as your DJ". She turned to her friend Adriana and said "why would I hire him as my DJ"?
9. I had gastric bypass surgery in 2003. I was scared to death of dying but also scared of dying since my weight was up to 450 lbs. I have lost 100 lbs and now I am ready to loose another 100!.

10. I love to eat at Chipotle and Buffalo Wild Wings and I do miss In-N-Out Burger! I guess that this does not help with the losing weight thing...
11. I love to go to concerts except for the high prices, smoke and hassle of going. My first was to see Beatlemania with my Aunt Lynda I have also seen, The Rolling Stones (2), The Who (4), Paul McCartney (4), Roger Waters, Gun's n Rose's (2), David Bowie, Tears for Fears, Ringo Starr, Prince, Van Halen (3), The Beach Boys (3), Brian Wilson, ABC, Go-Go's (2), Depeche Mode (2), Gwen Stafani, The Police, Living Colour (3) and a few that I am sure that I forgot! I even saw The Oak Ridge Boys Christmas Show. My goal in life is to meet Paul McCartney someday...
12. I have a guilty joy in watching "Walker, Texas Ranger", "In the heat of the night", and "Little house on the prairie".
13.After 13 years of selling band-aids I am a "stay at home dad" but it is a lot more work then I thought! Right now I am trying to de-junk the house! Somedays it is just hard to keep up with the dishes and laundry!

14. I love to read I just don't have the time. I thought that I would now that I am home but no...
15. I Dee Jayed at the Anaheim Pond where the Ducks play. It was even better when they hooked me up to their sound system..

16. I also Dee Jayed a LOT of weddings,church and corporate events over a 20 year span. At one time I was doing 2-3 weddings a weekend. I have dealt with a LOT of bridezillas over my time and was even cussed out once. I even hired "Jed the Fish" from KROQ to MC 3 dances. I am very comfortable being the MC/DJ in front of 1000 people!
17. I have a problem doing things small. Small parties, small dinners etc. I am use to making and doing too much!
18. I am an Eagle Scout.

19. I have bad hearing and I am dyslexic but they did not find it right away so much of my early education was missed. I spell mostly by memorization (and spell check) and I can still say words back words especially when I am tired.
20. I got stuck at the top of a double ferris wheel with my Dad when I was a kid. Years later he admitted that he was as scared as I was so I do not like heights (see above) but I do love to stay on the top floors of hotels.
21. I once spent the night in jail for not paying a "fix it" ticket! I do not ever want to do that again!
22. I love music but I cannot play or sing to save my life.
23. I LOVE movies! Especially action and westerns. John Wayne is the man!

24. I am the oldest of 3. I have a younger brother and sister. When my Mom remarried a few years after my Dad passed away I added 14 step-brothers and sisters. Who would have thunk it?
25. I love listening and miss "Mark & Brian" on KLOS. I have meet them a few times and listen even got to scream to them on stage at Disney's California Adventure. Brian even did something special for me when my Dad died.

26. I believe in God, Jesus Christ, the teachings of the LDS church and our wonderful country. I did not vote for President Obama but I do support him as the President.

No comments: