Friday, February 27, 2009

WHAT A WEEK...

Last week I was checking the local weather forecast and I was excited to see that it was going to be beautiful outside. The temperature was going to stay around the 70's-80's and it was time to get some work done outside. I had thoughts of mowing the lawn after it's winter snooze and clearing out some plants, start building our raised garden and doing some more work in the garage. Monday showed up and both Liz and I were not feeling great. I just had a sore throat so I let Liz rest while I took care of the kids etc. By 5 PM I hit the wall and I was now sick with the flu. On Tuesday I also lost my voice and my throat felt like sandpaper! With my throat and stuffy nose feeling the way that it was I also could not get any sleep. Liz had to try and keep up with the house and deliver 150 boxes of girl scout cookies. That night Kevin Gardner and Doug Fett came over and give me a blessing to get well. By Thursday morning I made an appointment to see my doctor. I dragged myself there and found out that I had strep throat which I have never had before. They gave me a shot, a prescription for antibiotics and for cough syrup with codeine! "There is no pain you are feeling"...

I am now starting to feel better and my voice is starting to come back. It is still not fun because I need to stay away from the kids and anyone else because I do not want to get anyone else sick so for now I also want to get stuff done around the house but I am under orders by Liz to just rest. So I am just resting and dreaming of all of the stuff I can get done...... next week!

2 comments:

Keri and Neal said...

Uhg! I had strep throat one time and ouch! It does knock you down hard. I know Neal would appreciate the Pink Floyd reference if he ever looked at your blogs. On a positive note the girl scout cookies are great. Don't let your daughter know she is pushing something addictive as crack.

Lizzy said...

Man, I have been sick for like 3 weeks now and it is miserable. I am pretty much getting over it now, but I was OUT from work for almost an entire week with a horrible sore throat. It hit me like a wall too in a matter of hours. Hope you are feeling better!!