Sunday, April 12, 2009

TOY HORSES











Last Friday we spent over 3 hours at JC Penny's/Stonebrier Mall looking for church/Easter clothes for the kids. Thanks to Grandma Kathy we were able to afford to buy our son a new suit with a tie and belt and our daughter a nice dress. I was seeing things to come because both Liz and I liked other dresses but our little girl had her heart set on the one that we did not like as much. It seems that both our kids are picky when it comes to clothes which I can completely understand but it is still no fun when you have a different opinion. So after that I was on a quest to find toy horses for Easter. It seems that all the kids wanted was the toy horse. Y'know the kind with the stick that kids played with in the 1800's. We had seen them at Walgreens while Jenafer was in town so off I went to Walgreens. The first Walgreens in Plano did not have them so I went to the second. No luck there so I bought the kids a Disney Prinness and Disney Cars toy balls for the back yard. So I decided to stop off at the Walgreens in Allen and they had a pink toy horse! Oh my! What do I do? OK, I took a chance a bought it hoping that the Walgreens where we had originally seen the toy horse would have it! So I drove to the last Walgreens, went in and searched the entire store for this one stupid black horse with the stick on it! My quest was getting tire some. I had to stop for a Diet Pepsi! And then there it was! Hiding! I heard angels singing and saw a bright light! The black horse with the stick on it was there in front of me! Now both my kids could go galloping on Easter morning!

2 comments:

Jenafer Lowe said...

Good job on your quest D! You're a great dad, reminds me of someone else who did whatever it took to make his wife and kids happy...

Anonymous said...

man don't i know what you're talking about. i can totally feel ya! what an adventure children bring.