Monday, August 25, 2008

Life is moving along

Last Thursday we went to our first "Meet the Teacher" night at school and met the kids teachers. I think they will have a great school year.
Saturday we went to the park for a "shower". Some friends from church threw the whole family a shower and the kids got to play at the park. There were two basketball courts (smaller then half court) and it inspired us to buy a basketball. Both kids had fun shooting baskets and with a little practice they could be pretty good!! We went to Target to buy backpacks for school and our brilliant kids picked the cheapest!!! No fancy character ones. They wanted the ones with only one strap!!
Sunday was pretty normal. "J" had a meltdown and had to go to bed early. He did not like going to bed before the sun was down. "B" had trouble sleeping. When I told her she just needed to fall asleep she said "I don't know how to". She climbed in bed with us for a little bit and then cried when I took her back to bed. I told her she didn't have to sleep but she had to rest her body. That seemed to work.
They both woke up ready to go to school. They walked right into their classrooms and hung up their backpacks. "J" has to leave his lunch outside the classroom because there are kids with peanut allergies. We know all about them. The kids have a cousin who's allergic to peanuts, so we know to be careful.
I can't wait to pick them up and hear all about their day. I took pictures but you'll have to email me if you want to see them - sorry can't post them yet!

1 comment:

Jenafer Lowe said...

You KNOW their favorite Auntie Jen wants pictures!! Please send, they are already up on our Family wall. I got Breana's card and cried again (I am such a baby!)! We also need a nice vertical picture of the two of them to go on our neice/nephew wall. Thanks Liz! Love you all!