Thursday, September 24, 2009

REPLIES TO CHURCH CALLINGS

Replies to Callings that would worry your BishopI suppose I can teach the Sunbeams if that's really what you want, but that class has too many kids with way too much energy. I'm an aerobics instructor so I know a vigorous routine we can start with every week to wear them out.

After I become the Mia Maid adviser, can I still go gambling once a month if I promise I won't tell any of the girls?

I'll do my best as your ward clerk even though I've always flunked math and get confused with numbers. Don't worry that I won't count the Sacrament meeting attendance correctly; I'm a real good guesser.

You've finally found the right man for the job, sir. I guarantee that as long as I'm the Sunday School President you won't have to worry about class discipline or truant kids loitering in the halls any more. Being strict comes natural for me. In fact, I was discharged from the military for being too strict.

I'm so excited to be your executive secretary and get in on all of the confidential stuff. Don't worry about my gossiping. Whenever I tell a secret I always make sure that everyone promises not to tell anyone else.

I'm thrilled that I'll be the Beehive adviser and get to know the girls better. I'm going to need a lot of free baby-sitting for my twins this coming year. (Latter-Day Saint Wit and Wisdom, p. 77-78)

No comments: