Sunday, June 15, 2008

BE GOOD JOHNNY!


On June 5th John Mauss had another birthday and I always try to give him a call. John is 6 months younger then me and each year I would ask him how it feels to be... And he would reply asking me how it feels to be almost... Yup!

I need to stop and thank John for almost 30 (yips) years of friendship. We have been friends since we were both around 12 and went to church, boy scouts, high school etc. John has endured me singing off key every "Johnny" song that I knew when I would pass him in the hallways in high school. John was a good sport when we moved his car from one parking lot to another, another time Lary Carlton and Brian Richards helped in moving his car so that it was parked perpendicular between 2 other cars and the time we took (hey, he had 2 girls that night) his distributor cap (with help from Charles Jones and Robert Wiser) so that his car would not start ...each time while he was on a date. I think that we were just jealous that he had dates! Speaking of dating, when John returned from his mission he dated and married Cheri who he (and I) had known since he was a teenager. You never know who you are going to end up marrying it just takes us guys a little longer to figure it out!
John and Cheri have 3 great kids so it is only right that I post this on Father's day. We always fun visiting the Mausses in Utah and they always feed us something good! Happy birthday John!

1 comment:

Chuck said...

Wow! Does this ever bring back some great memories...If I remember right, the distrbutor cap one was You, Robert Wiser, and myself during a stake dance @ the "New" Stake Center (even though it was about 25 years ago, it will ALWAYS be the "New" Stake Center to me.) I hope things are going well foryou and your family as well as for John and his. It would be great to get all of us together again sometime.

Thanks Dave, this entry put me in a great mood!