Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Sad Day


In the midst of a very happy time, we had to make a decision that we have been putting off for months now. Last night on the way home we decided it was time for Gracie to go be with George. We let her sleep in our bed with us last night. It just wasn't the same. She just wasn't the same dog we got over 6 years ago. She lost her hearing, her eye sight was going and she didn't have the energy she once had. We took her to a wonderful vet this morning and told her it was time for her to go see George who passed away almost 4 years ago. I told her they have big sunny backyards in Heaven. She used to love laying out in the sun in California and on our balcony when we moved to Texas. She would find the one little patch of sunshine on the balcony and lay out. She used to greet us at the door sitting on the back of the couch - sometimes I thought she thought she was a cat! It was a hard thing to do, but I know her little spirit is better off without that old body that wouldn't let her do all the things she wanted too. We will miss her very much.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I'm sorry guys. It's so hard to say goodbye and even harder to be the one to make the decision. From one Furr-mommy to another, I'm so sorry!