Sunday, September 20, 2009

BEAUTIFUL BOY

Tonight I spent time with my son tickling him, playing with him and talking to him. Not that I haven't done this before but tonight as I started calming him done to go to sleep I was strocking his hair and I stopped because he can fall asleep pretty quick and he looked up at with with those eyes of his and said "Dad, keep doing this" as he strocked his hair. Who could say "no". So I set with him a little longer and the song "Beautiful Boy" by John Lennon came to mind.

Close your eyes

Have no fear

The monsters gone

Hes on the run and your daddys here

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful Beautiful boy

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful Beautiful boy

Before you go to sleep

Say a little prayer

Every day in every way

Its getting better and better

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful Beautiful boy

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful Beautiful boy

Out on the ocean sailing away

I can hardly wait

To see you come of age

But I guess well both just have to be patient

cause its a long way to go

A hard row to hoe

Yes its a long way to go

But in the meantime

Before you cross the street

Take my hand

Life is what happens to you

While youre busy making other plans

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful Beautiful boy

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful Beautiful boy

Before you go to sleep

Say a little prayer

Every day in every way Its getting better and better

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful Beautiful boy

Darling, darling, darling Darling sean

1 comment:

Ursula said...

You just made me cry. I love that song and how perfect that it came to mind in your tender moment. Admiring your family from afar from this great blog. Keep it up! Ursula