Friday, September 18, 2009

SERVICE

Waiting for the ambulance transport to once again take my ailing father in law back to the hospital, a friend called. As the only "in-law" present, I was designated as the spokeperson. He asked if we needed anything. I said no. He suggest dinner and asked what our plans were. I told him we would find something on the way to the hospital, said thanks and hung up. A few minutes later while walking out the door he showed up with a couple bags of Taco Bell. In our hour of need he didn't take no for an answer. At a time when we were too busy and stressed to think about food (and probably would have never stopped to get something) he listened to the spirit and served us in a way we didn't even know we needed to be served. Like Nike say "Just Do It"

Liz Anderson

1 comment:

Call Family said...

This made me cry-sometimes people can just be amazing! I'm glad one of those people is in your families lives.