Sunday, May 17, 2009

FATHERS AND SONS CAMP OUT

My little buddy and I went to our first "Fathers and Sons Camp out" together. It was located not to far from us at a campground in McKinney. My son had a lot of fun playing with the other boys and I had fun trying to find him. Liz called at one point to see how things were going and asked "Where's our son", and I replied "I don't know". He has never been camping before and he had so much fun. Normally he is in bed around 8 PM and that night I could not get him in bed until way after 10 PM! At 2 AM I awoke to a lot of wind blowing our tent in every direction. I looked outside to see rain on the horizon. My friend had his tent next to me and it was blowing away! We put the boys (his son and mine) in my truck and I held on to his tent (which was now a kite) for dear life while he tried to get his stuff out. After that I decided to take down my tent and pack up as well. Thankfully we had a lot of good men around to help us and others bring down the tents quickly. We were in our truck and ready to go when the rain was upon us and we were glad to get home safely.


1 comment:

Keri and Neal said...

Sounds like fun except the rain. It looks like all his running around got the best of him in that last picture! I am a big fan of hotels.