Sunday, May 17, 2009

NOW WE ARE FARMERS AND WE'RE DIGGIN DIGGIN DIGGIN!

The day before Mother's day Liz's parents came over and helped us build a herb garden. We have been trying to spend our extra time and resoueces on fixing up our back yard. After we finished our wonderful garden Liz's Dad helped me build my first raised garden. We capped off the day with lunch at La Finca a great local Mexican restaurant. The next week I picked up more supplies and built 2 more 8 feet x 8 feet x 12 inches raised gardens. Once I had built the raised gardens the hard part came next, filling them. I got a load of free compost from the City of Allen. Then I added top soil, manure and 18 wheel barrels of garden soil. I do believe with a little more soil and manure we will be able to start our garden!




No comments: