Thursday, June 04, 2009
A FEW CDS....
One of the tasks on my "to do" list was to organize and go through my CDs. I have been a Dee Jay for over 20 years and except for my sister's and step-sister's weddings I pretty much retired when I moved to Texas. So I had boxes and boxes of CDs sitting around for 3 years. When I became a stay at home Dad I knew that I needed to tackle this problem. It sounds easy but I had the CD and the CD cover in a light weight plastic cover so that there would be less weight when I did events. I also had CDs all over the house so I had to hunt them all down and match them up with the CD case. Then I had to take the time to import them all into iTunes which was the most time consuming. This took me around 3 months to do! This is a picture of all my CDs after I finished. Around 2100 of them! Whew! This does not include our Christmas CDs and CD box sets. I next had to separate the one that I did not want, duplicates etc. so that I could sell them. I sold about 3 boxes worth so far. I did not get a lot but we it did help us out with a little extra money! I now have all my CDs alphabetized on a shelf. Next up I will make a second run on going through my CDs and try to weed out more that I do not really want or need.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment