The adventures of the new & improved Anderson family!
Is this on a Cottonwood Tree? I remember seeing these bugs when I was a kid, but I only saw them on our Cottonwood Tree.
Yes, I think it is a Cottonwood tree. Or at least that's what we were told when we bought the house. :)
It is a Cottonwood Borer, Plectrodera scalator. They are found Eastern and Central U.S. and it's host trees are the cottonwood and willow. If you have a mature cottonwood, it is unlikely to be seriously injured by these insects.
Post a Comment
3 comments:
Is this on a Cottonwood Tree? I remember seeing these bugs when I was a kid, but I only saw them on our Cottonwood Tree.
Yes, I think it is a Cottonwood tree. Or at least that's what we were told when we bought the house. :)
It is a Cottonwood Borer, Plectrodera scalator. They are found Eastern and Central U.S. and it's host trees are the cottonwood and willow. If you have a mature cottonwood, it is unlikely to be seriously injured by these insects.
Post a Comment