Tuesday, June 02, 2009

NO DOUBT

Back when I was single I use to follow a few bands when I live in California. I loved to see the Primitive Painters, the Aquabats, Water just to name a few. There is nothing better then seeing a local band play in a small venue. When I would be at a lot of these small venues I always noticed cool flyer's by a local band called No Doubt. I missed seeing them back then and who would have thought that they would become big, really big! So for years I wanted to see No Doubt live. Back in 2005 Liz and I saw Gwen Stafani (lead singer of No Doubt) when she went on her first solo tour. It was fun but it was much more of a production and their were no No Doubt songs. So last week we were able to see No Doubt in Dallas. They had lawn seats for $10.00 which was great for the budget but bad on the back! Our friends Luis and OraLynn went with us and they were a lot of fun to hang out with! We had dinner at "Angry Dog" which is a great little place to eat in Dallas. The opening act was Paramore who we had not heard of but anyone who watched "Twilight" knew very well who they were! When No Doubt came on they put on a great show and it was a lot of fun. They played all of their hits plus a few ska classics and cover songs. I really enjoyed it when they played Adam Ant's "Stand and Deliver". It was a great night (except for the traffic) and the babysitter payed for her first year of college!
The following pictures were taken with our new bionic camera.
Paramore
Playing a little old school ska
Us
Oncore!
OraLynn and Luis
Playing Adam Ant's "Stand and Deliver" Yes, that is the drummer in a tu-tu!
No Doubt at Dallas, TX 5-29-2009

No comments: