Sunday, July 05, 2009

ANGELS AMONG US....

With me being a "stay at home dad" money is tight. About 3 weeks ago I came home to find that my water had been turned off. Money has been really tight lately and I have been juggling bills trying to keep everything up to date. We are constantly trying to find new ways of making extra money and tightening the budget. The city of Allen does not give you a lot of leeway when it comes to paying the bill. Liz was getting paid the next day so I went down to city hall and paid the bill which was a lot of money! To add salt to the wound Liz was getting a small paycheck and so they really took a lot of money! I told the guy at the counter that we had 2 kids (which were with me) and that we were trying to keep on top of everything but with me unemployed until September money was really tight right now. A few weeks later I knew that I still had a outstanding balance so when Liz got paid again I called the city to find out how much I still owed. The lady on the phone said that we had a credit because we paid twice and to just wait for the next utility bill to show up and the pay the difference. I told her that this was not correct and even double checked my bank account as we talk. The next day she called me back and said that she had done some searching. It seems that after I had left the guy standing in the line next to me had heard my conversation with the city clerk and paid my bill! I was speechless, humbled and choked up that a complete stranger would do that for my family! I was in tears as I told the lady "thank you" and hung up the phone. Thank you so much whoever you are for your kindness, I hope that I can someday repay you or someone else in my situation.

1 comment:

Keri and Neal said...

That is wonderful! It's neat to know that God is mindful of each one of us and that he can help us through people that are listening to the Spirit. Neat experience. Thanks for sharing.