Sunday, July 05, 2009
PRE-4TH OF JULY BASH
We had a "Pre-4th of July" potluck party on Friday and ended up with almost 50 people there. We really try to do "small" events but it just usually gets big! We had 5 london broil steaks and 5 ribs in our freezer that we needed to get grilled so we invited our coolest friends to partake of the food and bring something to share. I had all of the meat grill before everyone got there so that people could just eat right away. Our friends Oralynn and Rosario brought sausage and chicken to grill. I re lit the grill and put the sausage and chicken on the grill and walked away to get the BBQ tongs. Well, it seems that there was a lot of grease in the pan at the bottom of the grill and the brand new grill went up in flames! It was hot and as I was trying to put it out smoke was getting in my eyes and lungs and it was getting bad. Our thanks go out to John and Carly Goods for getting me out of the way and hosing off the grill! The chicken and sausage was a bit well done but I was not! The rest of the night was great except that it was so hot! Next time we will start this event at 6 PM instead of 4 PM! A big thank you to everyone for coming out for our fun day!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
We had a blast! Thanks for throwing the party and I still am serious about getting your peanut butter cookie recipe.
Post a Comment