Sunday, June 21, 2009
FIRST FATHER'S DAY
This last week was a tough one. Liz was out of town a few days for work and after I paid all of the bills we were pretty much broke. I was hoping that we would get her expense check from her trip or that I would get paid my first check from Allen ISD. Turns out that I didn't get my little check from Allen ISD until the 30th, not the 15th and Liz's expense check would come next week. We had wanted to buy a new BBQ since our old one broke and cook a nice dinner or go out my first father's day. I always stress out during these times and wonder if I should get a full time job instead of taking care of the kids. So we had enough to put some gas in Liz's car and I told Liz that I would love to have "breakfast for dinner" on Father's day. I also told her that I would love to clean our room together. So that is what we did on Saturday, we cleaned our room! Our room never gets cleaned because we are too busy with the rest of the house and stuff gets piled in there. So we finished and it was nice to see the floor again and then the kids wanted to go shopping for Father's day.We explained that we did not have any money for Father's day gift. The kids had money saved up from gifts and they wanted to go shopping with there own money! This morning for my first Father's day I awoke to the love of my children baring gifts! They bought me a Captain Pike figure from the new Star Trek movie, a Wolverine figure from the X-Man movies, caffeine free Diet Pepsi, Whoppers and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups! I could not have ask for a better day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Sounds like you have some sweet, generous kids and that they have a very deserving father.
Post a Comment